Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sad News.


I hate to be the one to bring sad news, but John Taylor died last Saturday. John was a regular at the Saturday morning Suffolk ride that leaves from All About Bikes. My brother and teammate, James, typically led those rides and was good friends with John. This last Saturday, after the ride, John apparently had a heart attack and died at his home. John was only 42.

This picture was taken in January and had made it into this blog at that point. It was a chilly day and I had decided to mix up my routine and ride in Suffolk instead of Virginia Beach. John will be missed and I am thankful to have met him.

This Saturday the Suffolk ride will be in his memory. Please try to make it to show support for a fellow cyclist.

Tentatively the ride will be at 7:30 am and leave from the Suffolk All About Bikes location. The ride will be 38 miles. I will let you know if anything changes from those plans.

1 comment:

sierrat said...

hey its Sierra, Johns Daughter,
when you get the pictures from the ride uploaded please send them
to rerasierra11@yahoo.com

thankyou.