Sunday, July 29, 2007

Time Trial

It was nothing to write home about, but I was very pleased with my time trial this morning. Last year I did one of these in the series and had a time of around 58 minutes. I practiced a little more this year and worked on some stuff. The first race in this series this year I got a 54:11. Pretty damn good for me.

Well the last time I had my aero bars on the bike was that race, until this morning. Today the wind was different, it was hotter, and I dropped my only water bottle about halfway through. So my time of 54:56 was still pretty damn good for me. Hopefully for the final one I will have my new TT bike. Watch out for me next year, this is a goal of mine...to be a better time trialist. Good job to everyone out there today, especially those animals who got below 50, that's amazing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

JOSH! TTs are for old men who can't crit race.

fire fitness and bikes said...

True that! But training for TT gives me a reason to buy another bike.

nPlusOne said...

Hey Joshua
I was running thru K-blog's site and came across your blog.
I was wondering who's water bottle was laying on Bunch 'O Walnuts around the small bridge. Unfortunately, it looked like a car got the best of it.
Albe
All About Bikes Racing

Kevin said...

did you see somebody's seat out there?

camelback bladders work well for TT's

fire fitness and bikes said...

Yes that was my water bottle. I almost stopped to pick it up. Then I thought it could be worse, I could be missing my seat. I wonder how long it took that guy to notice his ride was little less comfortable than normal.

Anonymous said...

i saw the seat....

Anonymous said...

That was Pete Swan's Seat.