Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What I've been up to.

Busy it seems.  Since I have been back on shift work it seems like I have had more time to ride.  So I have been out on the cross bike lately just riding easy trying to rebuild a good base.  Next week I will throw intervals back in.  Here is a quick look at some of the stuff I have been busy doing:

  • Setting up Velocity training for the fall and winter.  Spots are still open for anyone who wants to join us.  Last year VBW, Tripower and All About Bikes had riders working out there.
  • Trying to find a course in Virginia Beach to hold a cyclocross race.  I think I have found 2 sites.  The city seems to be working well with me.  Let's see if I can get everything in place in time.  Here's a question:  Would you want a Virginia Beach race weekend having a race on Saturday somewhere in VB and then the Trashmore race on Sunday...or would you rather spread the racing out over a couple of weekends only having one race per weekend here?  Let me know.
I've been riding some at Dam Neck and Ipswitch.  I am amazed at the number of spider webs in those woods this time of year.  I hope webs are high in fiber because I have eaten a lot lately.

3 comments:

Jimmy D said...

I'm going to be able to do the Velocity...

I think a race the same weekend would be a good choice. Maybe we could get more riders from Richmond and C-ville if they were coming down for 2 races.

nPlusOne said...

Thanks for setting up Velocity again this year and for working on getting another cross race in tidewater.
I like doubling up in a weekend but check the calendar - Trashmore is the weekend after Turkey day. Maybe some folks will be traveling or have family commitments that make that weekend out all together. Just another thing to consider. Of course, as a race promoter, you will not make everyone happy no matter what you decide.
Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to do Velocity, but pretty sure I can't afford the price or the time.
I'd look for an open Sunday for another Beach cross race rather than packing too much into a weekend.