Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Frogs on the Farm Cyclocross Race: CX Race / Swim Meet

The first race of the VACX series is over and done.  Thanks to Donna and all the Frogs for putting on a great race.  I did this race last year.  It was a late season race competing with some big events else where so last year had a very low turnout.  Not a big deal for me since I usually find myself riding solo anyway.  I was very glad to see the Fat Frogs crew give it a chance again this year though.

Last year's race was muddy.  It had rained and rained, then was 30 degrees so nothing dried up.  It was a sticky, gooey mud.  The laps were long.  I think the 45 minute race was 3 laps (maybe 2).  Most of the course was off the bike.

This year's race was muddy.  It was currently raining and was in the 60's.  Much better conditions.  The course had been shortened and more of it was ridable.  Still a very long course when it came to how long it took.  The 45 minute race was 4 laps this year.

I chose to do the Master's 35+ this year.  It was my anniversary and the earlier start would allow me to get home quicker to my bride.  Here is what I looked like during the race:

Photo by: Keith Bernstein
Photo by: Keith Bernstein
Photo by: Keith Bernstein
Photo by: Keith Bernstein
Photo by Pablo Custodio


Photo by: Keith Bernstein

Photos can be found at the following links:

http://www.pablocustodio.com/XCross-toberfest.htm

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1213920&fbid=1511934490184&op=1&o=global&view=global&subj=1665254022&id=1589065989#!/album.php?aid=75186&id=1589065989

No comments: