Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Williamsburg Ride and Body Fat

I know its a little late but he's the blog on our weekend ride in Williamsburg. James, John Grey, a friend of Jame's (also named John in the borrowed vintage VBW jersey) and I went on a Williamsburg journey. We pulled the old Williamsburg Road Race map off the VCA website. It was a nice day, a little windy but great temperatures. We took it pretty easy and just let the distance and terrain dictate the intensity. I think we ended up doing 57 miles. But the nice thing was just getting out and riding on roads that were different.

We did see a lot of JRVS riders out there. Lucky to have that kind of scenery in your backyard.



On Monday I got in the Bod Pod at work. It is part of our physical each year. I would have to say that I think I am the leanest I have been for this time of year. I am not down to the weight I wanted but I'm not too sure that will be possible. Here is what the Bod Pod had me listed at:


Weight--191 lbs
Lean weight--176 lbs
Fat weight--15 lbs
Fat %--7.9%


Two things here. One is that they have been having issues witht the calibration. Everyone in the past couple months have said the numbers seem low to them. So I don't actually think that I am 7.9% Body Fat. The Bod Pod has an error of +/- 2%, so maybe I am around 10%. Second is that a big part of my off season plan has been strength training. The strength focuses on legs and core, but incorporates all body parts. Once this portion is done, I will probably lose some upper body mass as my riding duration increases. My goal weight was around 180. If those numbers are right, then it won't be possible without losing some muscle mass.

No comments: