- Virginia Beach Wheelmen--The promoting team, we supplied the manpower, the cash purse and paid the Bike Reg fees for those that pre-registered.
- All About Bikes-- The supporting bike shop. They supplied the merchandise prizes and lent us a lot of equipment.
- Gam Jams-- A prize sponsor supplied the kick ass wool socks.
- City of Suffolk Parks and Recs-- They supplied the land. They were truly a sponsor because if they charged us the actually amount to use their land that they could, we would not have held the race there.
- Kale Running-- For use of their stakes. They are going to be putting on a good race in the next couple of weeks at the Sportsplex in Virginia Beach. The Endurance Winter Challenge and CX race.
- Mary Kay-- Jenni Goyet of Mary Kay supplied the bags for the prizes as well as put some hand lotion in each of those bags. It was pretty funny to see all the top CX racers winning their prizes and walking around with Mary Kay bags. Everyone had a great sense of humor about it and liked what was in them.
The Virginia Beach Wheelmen is a team of nine racers. We were putting on races when we were a team of four. It is definitely easier with the extra help. But we are still a small team and love to get help where it is offered. The wives of the team were a huge help (also the mother of our youngest racer really went above and beyond. Thanks Kim, every thing you did was a huge help). My wife along with Mike Tamayo's wife and Jon Nisbet's wife ran registration and did an excellent job.
Albe from All About Bikes racing showed up early in the morning to help us set up. I know I am forgetting some because we had people show up and just help that weren't even expected. I'm sorry to leave you out but I want you to know we really appreciate it. Thank you.
I will post results, write up and some pictures soon.
Thanks to all who came out. Let me know if there is anything I can do to make this a better event for next year.