Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Weekend of Emergency Medicine

I spent Friday night, all day Saturday and half the day on Sunday in Suffolk at a Continuing Concepts of Emergency Medicine. I learned a lot from these three days of classes. There is one concept in emergency medicine, specifically pre-hospital, that I have never understood...why are EMTs and paramedics some of the most unhealthy individuals? Next time your at a hospital swing by the ER. You will see overweight medics standing outside smoking. Every I went outside to catch a breath of the beautiful weekend air I walked into a screen of cigarrette smoke and cholesterol. Here are some images from that weekend.



1 comment:

Nerf said...

It always amazes me why people even START smoking with all the information out there telling you it WILL KILL YOU!!! That's why I lost BOTH of my parents. They both smoked until the day they died...from smoking related illnesses. Nice, huh?!