Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My $6 CX Barriers



I went to Lowe's today and bought $6 worth of pvc pipe, elbows and tees.  I then constructed a set of portable cx practice barriers.  They are regulation height but only 4 feet wide.  I didn't glue them so if needed I can break them apart to fit in my trunk.  They, however, fit tight enough that I don't have to worry about them coming apart.  They are light enough that I could carry them while on my bike to the neighborhood park to practice my dismounts and remounts.  I'm actually pretty excited about them.

I also, since I was buying pvc, bought a little extra so that I can have my stretching poles.  My flexibility has increased a lot in the last year and I owe it all to the training I have done at Performance Point.  We use pvc pipes to stabilize ourselves during stretching because all stretches should be performed unsupported (off the ground).  This allows joint strengthening while increasing range of motion.  So now I will be more likely to stretch following a ride instead of just saving it for when I'm at the training arena.

No comments: