Saturday, October 10, 2009

Ready to Race

Physically....no. But that's okay. CX is just fun for me. Not while actually racing, but I tell myself it is fun. It keeps me on the bike this time of year, it forces me to work on bike handling skills, it has introduced me to a very close knit group of people who love this aspect of the sport, and it allowed me to buy another bike.

That being said, I have already started my training for the 2010 road season. It is low intensity right now, except for the days I am on the cross bike. So my weight is lower now than it was at any time during the 2009 road season, I am feeling good (just got over a cold) and I'm excited about racing.

Don't expect to see me near the front though. I will give it all I have and try to limit the excuses, but I still will probably end up rounding out the end of results sheet....we'll see.

The most exciting part to me is that 5 of our 8 racers are going to the Bryan Park race. We are going to car pool together and make a day of it. That is going to be fun, and that's what I am most excited about. Good showing for the green and blue of the Virginia Beach Wheelmen.

See you there.

No comments: