Monday, October 22, 2007

The rest is over!

Five day rest break. My body needed it. Busy hard work at the FTC and then training on the bike. No workout from Monday to Friday. So Saturday came around I was ready to ride hard. Two flat tires prevented that. Time to replace those tires.

Then came Sunday. Cobblestone Cross. Great time. I got 17th in the B race. I know its out of the points, but I'm still learning at this stuff. Probably should have pushed a bigger gear through most of the course. But it was a lot of fun.


Thanks to Marc and Shawn for staying right on my ass the whole race to keep me going. And Chris for keeping me thinking I could catch you for the first 6 laps before you took off.

Then Monday night...Velocity training. Three teams represented...Jimmy where were you? Form night, not too hard but wait till next week.
Guys, did you get anything out of the training?Tickets to gun show available every Monday night. Still not too late to join us.

I now I leave you with this thought. Picture it...Hunt Club Pumpkin patch. American Red Cross Blood Mobile parked there taking blood donations. On the back the words "Give Life", on the side (not visible in the picture) are the words "for your health, for your life". Leaning against the side are two obese nurses smoking waiting for to take peoples blood donations. Is this a joke???

7 comments:

Kevin said...

Good to see you guys taking to cx this season. I love the pole green course even though I really suck at it. I hated to miss it. Racing B's (and I don't mean bitch's) is a tough cat. Now that I'm out of it, I'm not really sure where I'm posed to be. Don't know if I have "A" material. Guess we'll see this weekend...
Albe is freakin ripped man!
Don't stand next to me for pics anymore!
Thanx for getting us all together for velocity training. Its fun, and I hope you guys are enjoying the added company...

Smokers suck!

SHAWN B. said...

Wait until this weekend. I am gong to find a way to catch you , then have you drop me. That velocity training looks like fun, it is getting dark early, I might have to join in.

fire fitness and bikes said...

Come on and join us. It is not too late. Any missed sessions can be made up whenever by jumping in a Velocity Fitness class. Also Velocity said they MIGHT be able to prorate the cost for any late comers.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I was wiped out from the weekend. I'll be there mon.

nPlusOne said...

Fun? The company was fun but I would consider 1x1 intervals fun compared this workout (and this was just the intro?). My hammys are still tight. Hopefully these core and balance exercises will help my sucky cross bike handling skills.
Thanks for getting this training together.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could afford to join you guys. Too pricey for me even with the dealio.

Thanks for inspiring me to ride faster. I think I hit the gas trying to keep Tim and Jon in my sights and to keep the guy right behind me off my wheel. Great race. See you this weekend.

JB said...

I tell what I got -

Sore! HA. Was to be expected. The second day should be the worst. Looking forward to the rest of the training. Thanks for setting it up.