Sunday, August 5, 2007

Weekend Wrap Up

My new TT bike came in Friday...hip hip hooray!!!! I spent Friday afternoon putting it together. While I was at the shop I got a phone call saying I had to work at the VBFD training center on Saturday...not hip hip hooray! So no Contes ride for me, but I did get a chance to try out the new bike before I went to work. It is a nice ride. Now my Giant collection is complete:

Trance Mtn bike
TCX cross bike
Converted TCR fixed gear
TCR road bike
Trinity TT bike

My wife thinks I have too many...I don't think so, I don't have a green one yet.

TIM SHOCKLEY GETS HITCHED...AGAIN!

Saturday night my wife and I were able to get rid of the kids for the entire night (slept over at grandma's house). Tim and Jennifer Shockley have been married for 10 years, but when they got married they ran off to do it. So Saturday was their wedding day. It was a good time, some dancing, food, friends and alcohol. My wife, Jenni, let loose and I was the DD. She doesn't get a chance to do that very often, so it was fun to watch her have some fun. Luckily she didn't feel it the next morning.

Sunday morning I met my brother and Kevin P. from Bike Zone at Gatewood for a mountain bike ride. I took the cross bike, but didn't ride it. I didn't think Gatewood was the course for it. Had fun though, actually looking forward to this off season being able to ride all my different bikes.

1 comment:

SHOCKman said...

Hey, just wanted to thank everyone that came out to enjoy our festivities. Other than the heat and a few pesky bugs, I think the party went perfect. Thanks again and I guess now I will be allowed to ride my bike again. Cya soon.
Tim