Saturday, January 12, 2008

Change of Pace



Instead of the normal Saturday morning Virginia Beach stage race, I decide to meet up with some people in Suffolk at All About Bikes for a long steady ride. We had a decent turn out. Forced everyone to work on pacelining and sharing the work in the wind. Good scenery and great company. VBV, Fat Frogs, VBW and of course All About Bikes racing had some representation.





During the ride, we could see up ahead a group of 7 or 8 deer hauling ass through a field. They were heading towards the road in front of a large pickup truck. They all jumped the ditch and ran across the road right in front of the truck. I tried to get my camera out to get a good shot, but they were pretty fast. This is all I was able to get.

It was nice to get out of my norm for a change. I think change will be my norm. I can stay a lot more motivated by alternating my rides and changing bikes up. This week I rode my TT, fixed and road bike in three different cities. Don't get me wrong, I missed my friends from the Saturday morning ride, but I'm sure I'll see you tomorrow at the Peter Teeuwen Memorial Ride.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hun,
You forget to mention how Meatloaf's "I'd do anything for love (But I won't do that)" was the song running through your head the entire ride!!!
Love you!!!

Nerf said...

DAMN!!! She got you!! :)