- I didn't want to drive for 3 hours to race 7 miles.
- I had to skip the race to get in a long ride. My training plan calls for long miles this week.
- I've been sick and have been off the bike all week long.
- I had family commitments.
- I had to work on my house.
This year I have used the family commitments and of course the being sick one quite a bit. However none of them are used for the reason why I did not race Wintergreen. I could tell you that family commitments prevent me from spending the weekend there, and I could tell you because of being sick all year I didn't have the fitness level to compete. Although those might be true it boils down to this:
I'm a f#$king p$##y and that race is hard. I still remember the pain from last year and did not want to race. Besides I needed to get some long miles in this week.
What are your favorite no racing excuses? Next week I'll post my favorite excuses as to why I didn't do well in a race.