Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Wish List

I am back from Disney. We had a blast. It was hard to be away from my computer and blog for 6 days. Maybe I need to invest in a Mac Book so I could always have access during these trips. Regardless the family had a blast. The girls were good and didn't want to leave. Unfortunately for us, we were all still sick or just getting sick. So we had a lot of runny noses and sinus headaches.
Now that I'm back, I have to start thinking about Christmas. Since a trip like this is not cheap, our Christmas is going to be cut back a little this year. My wife and I have set a limit as to what we can spend on each other. That means, probably no bike parts for me this year. So I figure I will give my Christmas wish list out to all my readers, potential sponsors and maybe even Santa himself.

Dear Santa (friends, readers, sponsors, people with too much money),

I have been good this year. I have a list of bike parts that I would love to find under my tree this year. This list is not complete. I will take (and write about) nearly anything. I am not greedy, however I do like bike parts, accessories and swag. Here is my list of things that I have been really wanting:
  1. Wheelset. I bought a set of the FlashPoints FP60 last year. I love them (especially for the price) I have always wanted to tryout FSA's three flange hub, and I really like the Fulcrum wheels. My wheels I use for training are getting old, plus I would like to also get a set of wheels to race on in next years cross season.
  2. Power Meter. Everyone is using one and I feel left out. I am sure it is a great training tool. I even like the idea of the iBike, because I could use it with any wheels.
  3. Lights. I could use a kick as light set to do some serious night riding this winter.
  4. Sunglasses. I like glasses and am always excited to receive a pair.
  5. Gloves. My hands get pretty cold during the winter. Gloves would get me out the door a lot more.
  6. Bootie covers. Again, keeping my toes warm will get me out in cold weather a lot more.
  7. Helmet. I'm not crazy about the way my helmet fits. I don't know what kind I want, but I do want to get a good helmet this year.
  8. Saddle. I am always willing to try out new saddles. I think I definitely want a time trial saddle this year.
  9. Cranks. I am using compact on my road bike and standard on my TT bike. I could replace either one. I have had carbon before and would like to go back to it.
  10. Handlebars. On my road bike I had carbon handlebars, but I crashed and broke them, not cool. I would like carbon wing bars. Also carbon aero bars for the TT bike.
I think that is good for now. I could make this list longer, but I don't want to sound greedy. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Joshua Goyet.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Post a Comment