Now that I'm back, I have to start thinking about Christmas. Since a trip like this is not cheap, our Christmas is going to be cut back a little this year. My wife and I have set a limit as to what we can spend on each other. That means, probably no bike parts for me this year. So I figure I will give my Christmas wish list out to all my readers, potential sponsors and maybe even Santa himself.
Dear Santa (friends, readers, sponsors, people with too much money),
I have been good this year. I have a list of bike parts that I would love to find under my tree this year. This list is not complete. I will take (and write about) nearly anything. I am not greedy, however I do like bike parts, accessories and swag. Here is my list of things that I have been really wanting:
- Wheelset. I bought a set of the FlashPoints FP60 last year. I love them (especially for the price) I have always wanted to tryout FSA's three flange hub, and I really like the Fulcrum wheels. My wheels I use for training are getting old, plus I would like to also get a set of wheels to race on in next years cross season.
- Power Meter. Everyone is using one and I feel left out. I am sure it is a great training tool. I even like the idea of the iBike, because I could use it with any wheels.
- Lights. I could use a kick as light set to do some serious night riding this winter.
- Sunglasses. I like glasses and am always excited to receive a pair.
- Gloves. My hands get pretty cold during the winter. Gloves would get me out the door a lot more.
- Bootie covers. Again, keeping my toes warm will get me out in cold weather a lot more.
- Helmet. I'm not crazy about the way my helmet fits. I don't know what kind I want, but I do want to get a good helmet this year.
- Saddle. I am always willing to try out new saddles. I think I definitely want a time trial saddle this year.
- Cranks. I am using compact on my road bike and standard on my TT bike. I could replace either one. I have had carbon before and would like to go back to it.
- Handlebars. On my road bike I had carbon handlebars, but I crashed and broke them, not cool. I would like carbon wing bars. Also carbon aero bars for the TT bike.
Merry Christmas everyone.