Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Wish List

I am back from Disney. We had a blast. It was hard to be away from my computer and blog for 6 days. Maybe I need to invest in a Mac Book so I could always have access during these trips. Regardless the family had a blast. The girls were good and didn't want to leave. Unfortunately for us, we were all still sick or just getting sick. So we had a lot of runny noses and sinus headaches.
Now that I'm back, I have to start thinking about Christmas. Since a trip like this is not cheap, our Christmas is going to be cut back a little this year. My wife and I have set a limit as to what we can spend on each other. That means, probably no bike parts for me this year. So I figure I will give my Christmas wish list out to all my readers, potential sponsors and maybe even Santa himself.

Dear Santa (friends, readers, sponsors, people with too much money),

I have been good this year. I have a list of bike parts that I would love to find under my tree this year. This list is not complete. I will take (and write about) nearly anything. I am not greedy, however I do like bike parts, accessories and swag. Here is my list of things that I have been really wanting:
  1. Wheelset. I bought a set of the FlashPoints FP60 last year. I love them (especially for the price) I have always wanted to tryout FSA's three flange hub, and I really like the Fulcrum wheels. My wheels I use for training are getting old, plus I would like to also get a set of wheels to race on in next years cross season.
  2. Power Meter. Everyone is using one and I feel left out. I am sure it is a great training tool. I even like the idea of the iBike, because I could use it with any wheels.
  3. Lights. I could use a kick as light set to do some serious night riding this winter.
  4. Sunglasses. I like glasses and am always excited to receive a pair.
  5. Gloves. My hands get pretty cold during the winter. Gloves would get me out the door a lot more.
  6. Bootie covers. Again, keeping my toes warm will get me out in cold weather a lot more.
  7. Helmet. I'm not crazy about the way my helmet fits. I don't know what kind I want, but I do want to get a good helmet this year.
  8. Saddle. I am always willing to try out new saddles. I think I definitely want a time trial saddle this year.
  9. Cranks. I am using compact on my road bike and standard on my TT bike. I could replace either one. I have had carbon before and would like to go back to it.
  10. Handlebars. On my road bike I had carbon handlebars, but I crashed and broke them, not cool. I would like carbon wing bars. Also carbon aero bars for the TT bike.
I think that is good for now. I could make this list longer, but I don't want to sound greedy. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Joshua Goyet.

Merry Christmas everyone.

4 comments:

Kevin said...

bout damn time ya'll got back!
I was lonely.

Good luck on that wishlist. If I get any doubles, I'll hook you up.

Liz Schleeper said...

If nothing pans out you can just get on the fixed gear where minimum is maximum!

Nerf said...

Yea...fixed gear!! Good call Liz! :)


Maybe you could skip the booties & go straight for the Sidi winter shoes!


I'm glad to hear you had a good time at Disney! Where's the mouse ears?!

fire fitness and bikes said...

I have started to ride the fixed gear actually. Love it. Good commuter ride. 30 minutes each way on bike paths.

Keirin, can't show you my mouse ears...not allowed on this site.