Sunday, June 29, 2008

New Blog

I have started a new blog. It is designed to give workouts to firefighters (although most of the workouts could be used by anyone). I really push the idea of Functional Fitness to my recruits. They stated to me at one point that they thought they were weaker than when they started the academy. What they meant was they couldn't bench press as much as before. I told them I didn't care how strong they were while lifting a weight along a single plane in a controlled air conditioned environment. I cared about how strong the were while doing the job. They agreed, the were stronger and overall more fit. I referred to this as Functional Fitness.

So I decided to start this blog as a way to share some of the workouts that we do at the training center. Some are ones that we have done and some are ones that we will be doing.

Check it out. There might be some workouts that will interest you. Some of them are "Velocity" based as well. So they will make great off season and cross workouts.

www.functionalfitness4fire.blogspot.com

No comments: