Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Suicide Sprints

John Gray, Kyle the Kid and I went out last night for a ride and did suicide sprints. Remember those from PE class. Well we found a place to do them on the bike.

The white outlines are where we did them. They are large medians, so every turn is a u-turn, but the road on both sides are really wide. It is also straight and open so you can see if any cars are coming. So we start at the top and circle the first median, then down to the next and finally the third. After the third one it is a long 2/10 of a mile sprint to a yellow sign just past the start area. Good acceleration drill (which I really need), good cornering drill (which I also really need) and a good sprint workout (do I really need to say that I really need that too?).

2 comments:

Nerf said...

Where is this? I'm guessing near someone's house.

fire fitness and bikes said...

It is by someone's house, but no one I know. Virginia Beach. Other than that it is top secret. Just kidding. Kings Grant.